Friday, January 29, 2010

RIP Mr. Zinn

All I want to say about Howard, is thank you for all that he has done for American. Just in case you didn't know all the wonderful he has done I'll give you the low down. He is from a poor Jewish, factory family in Brooklyn, NY. He was a in the Air Force during WWII as a bombardier. Which he regret. He was head of the department of social science at Spelman College, which made a lot of noise and racket's in the 60s. He influence students to stand up against segregation in schools. it was so bad that the school had 30 violations jjust on the first and fourteenth amendment, lol. He wrote many articles about segregation during the time of John FK wrote some to Edgar Hoover, about the end of segregation. Zinn is all about civil rights and education and that's why I love him. He tells the history from the people's eyes in their own words, not lies you were taught school. I would definitely miss him I just wish I will have the chance to meet him. RIP Mr. Zinn

No comments:

Post a Comment