Monday, February 14, 2011

Beyond Heaving Bosoms Reflection


I chose this title because as a romance reader I knew it would we hard to pick one that fit into every ones little box of reading. So when I stumbled across "Beyond Heaving Bosoms" while googling I fell in love instantly. The title, the chapters, the mini sub chapter titles, all yelled at me to pick this book. I figured instead of just one romance book, well we could get all of them, somewhat. "Beyond Heaving Bosoms" is a 'behind the scenes' for romance. This way everyone gets a little peak at everything I read without actually having to read the romance novels themselves.


The discussion went really well, not only did I get to talk about books but I finally got to talk about romance books. We went into the storyline of a romance with Point of View, plot, and conflict; the different types of heroine and heroes; and the different types of genre.


And in the midst of all this, I learned a few things.
1. What a bodice ripper novel is. Never heard the term before.
2. Ways to respond to people who make fun of me for being a romance reader.
3. That I can giggle at the words Sarah and Candy wrote about the romance genre because I am secure in what I read.


Let me tell you, I giggled and laughed at probably the most off the wall parts, but I am pretty sure I was suppose :) I hope for those who did not finish the title or even start it that you will consider picking it up just to see where I come from and where "Smart" women who read romance novels come from too.
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment