Monday, January 3, 2011

Fresh New Year

2011 is going to bring about new major changes for Memoir Book Club.
Starting off with us being concrete and having structure. Every thing that is stated in this blog will be gone over in detail at our Mandatory Meeting. The Mandatory Meeting needs to be set for voting and discussion over the new changes and any questions that may arise. All members must be present, Mandatory! (For Cara, we can either webcam and/or have her on speakerphone for this meeting.)


Our MONTHY meetings will meet every 2nd Sunday of the month.
Next meeting is Jan 9th @ 8pm - KC's place -and we will be discussing The Serial Killers Club


Books will be picked in advance of 3 sets.
example: Jan, Feb, March books will be annouced in advance so you have to purchase and read. So who every is in that month will have to have their book picked. So you better start thinking of your next book!
January is KC - Serial Killers Club
Feburay is Mistie - Beyond Heaving Bosoms (books should have arrived at borders)
March is Elizabeth - She will be announcing her book at our Mandatory Meeting
Next set:
April - Jennifer ?
May - Sasha ?
June - KC ?

Finally, Memoir Book Club will have Membership Dues. These dues will go towards food for gatherings, special parties, group outings, and club merchandise. Each Due is $5.00 per meeting and our first due will be on the Madatory Meeting!

In the side bar of our wonderful, most awesome, and best blog every, is all the items that needs to be voted on. Please place you votes.

Last, I need everyone to respond to this post with a list of all the books each member has read from the 2010 list and what dates you are available for our mandatory meeting. This is to show you read, you voted, and you are serious about taking our book club to the next level.
Thanks and look forward to a wonderful new year.

9 comments:

  1. This is Sasha--the books I've read for 2010 are And Then There Were None & Tar Baby.

    I voted on the Mandatory Mtg. being on Monday January 10th.

    Quick question: is our first round of dues due at the Mandatory Mtg??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Question Sasha, updated the post to show that yes it will!

    I am open for any of those dates
    My list is very short:
    John Crow's Devil
    Outlander
    Love the one You're With
    And Then There Where None

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sasha,
    I thought you read John Crow's Devil?

    -M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did! But I could've sworn that was for 2009...lol
    Either way, I did read it I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very short list:

    Dead Until Dark
    Outlander
    And then there where none but I read this on audio, teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read all the books so far except for rereading my own pick and I'm ALMOST finished with Tar Baby! Just 60 more pages to go! Too many books in different locations; I try to keep one at Marty's to read, one that's mobile in my vehicle for whenever, one at home and I pick something at work to read on breaks. Tar Baby is the home selection and I hope to finish it tonight! Serial Killers Club is mobile and I'm about half done now so yay!

    Sundays should be alright I guess, I seem to be working every Sunday now with the lack of available staff and it seems like we dont get out of there til 8:30 each time (grr) but as long as the party is still going or if the carpooling situation is open that should work out.

    I agree with the dues idea, so that its fair that everyone is chipping in the same amount. I swear though I will start cooking stuff and bringing it when I say I will, I still need to do that pasta dish and pumpkin cheesecake. So Mistie are you going to take us on a field trip if we get enough saved up?!?! We should do a bake sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    As for the mandatory meeting, this Sunday would work for me whenever I get there. Monday will only work if for some reason I'm off or I get to do the 2am mondays with you guys (I'm trying to convince Tammy) cause normally I'm midshift on Mondays. And Sat is the 15th, so if you meant Saturday then that should work since I'm off at 9. Sooooo, I'm just going to vote this coming Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it was as well Sasha, but I had it marked for when you picked the title andnot when we had the meeting and according to my records we meet for that book in Jan of 2010. So it was moved to 2010 instead of 2009.

    Acene,
    Audio is okay silly. Just also long as you get it read. What are you avaliable for on the Meeting?

    Jenn,
    The carpooling is still open, Elizabeth and I will meet you at borders at 8pm.

    If we vote on the field trip, I will take us. We could do a bake sale, but where would we do it?

    Everyone,
    Even if you work on Monday or any other day that gets picked, we could do it on your break or work around whatever obstacle that is in the way. This meeting shouldn't take not more than a full hour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read Tar Baby, Strawberry Fields and Serial Killers Club! I'm cool with the 10th for the mandatory meeting! Hope to see y'all at my place for the meeting!!!
    -KC

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm suppose to go eat at 2 this afternoon but I should be back in time to phone in. I haven't read all the books but now that things have calmed down fo me I should be able to start again.

    ReplyDelete